Garages are notorious for getting cluttered with junk and belongings that don’t have a home. It seems like you moved in three years ago, but the same items have been littering the counters the whole time. If this situation sounds familiar, then you should consider investing in storage containers. So, what are the best storage containers for a garage?
The Sterilite 64-Quart Clear Storage Totes are the best containers on the market to declutter your garage or shed. They’re super lightweight, easy to see through, and you can stack them on top of each other.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following helpful information:
- Details about the Sterilite container
- Compact alternative solutions
- What you should look for before you buy them
- Whether or not you need storage containers
The Best Storage Bin for Your Garage
Storage bins are an essential part of owning and maintaining a garage. Not only do they prevent frustratingly cluttered floors, but they also preserve your belongings and keep them free of dust and debris.
If you want to get your hands on the best storage containers for your garage, then the Sterilite 64-Quart Clear Storage Totes are the way to go. As their name states, they’re 100% clear and easy to see through. You’ll be able to view the contents of each bin without having to open it and rummage through the mess. By the way, this makes them also great for an RV.
Another reason that so many customers prefer these totes is that they have stackable lids. You can load one on top of another to save space and prevent crowding. After all, the whole purpose of storage containers is to promote an organized garage. The lids also include snaps on both sides to lock themselves to the sides of the container.
Sterilite is known for providing long-lasting containers and other plastic products, so you can trust in the high-quality construction of these bins. They’re made to withstand sliding, shoving, dropping, and all sorts of other harsh activities. Feel free to stack them up and push them across the floor without worrying about scrapes or other damages.
These containers come in sets of 6, 12, 18, and 24, all of which have dimensions of 23.75 x 16 x 13.5 inches. They’re wide, long, and deep enough to fit holiday decorations, camping gear, work supplies, automobile maintenance tools, and a variety of other belongings. With so many possibilities, it’s easy to see why they’re the #1 choice on hundreds of customers’ lists.
- Choose from four different quantities
- Made for you to be able to see through the sides for easy access
- Includes locking stackable lids
- Heavy-duty plastic construction
Compact Storage Container Suggestions
Unfortunately, we don’t all have enough room for big storage containers. Sterilite is one of the best companies for the job, but you can try out this compact drawer system to save some space. They’re incredibly affordable and loaded with countless positive reviews from satisfied customers.
Much like the previous storage containers, these ones have clear sides to see everything without opening the drawer. They come with three drawers per container, but you can stack them if you want to add more on top. They’re indented to lock in place with each other, so don’t worry about them sliding around.
The dimensions of each container are about perfect for my taste, and great for small items. Designate different drawers for tools, oil, liquids, and other outdoor working equipment. You can make another one for hobby supplies, holiday ornaments, and more. The possibilities are endless, and they weigh only around a pound.
These organizers usually come in sets of 2 or more, so you’ll be able to get the perfect amount that you want. You can also use them on work desks, countertops, and pretty much anywhere else that you need compact storage containers. You could even toss a few in the truck of your car to keep everything organized.
Whether you choose the large Sterilite organizing totes or some compact drawers, you’ll get the best of the best from these products. They’re designed to last for decades, so you don’t have to worry about buying new ones any time soon. You can clean them in seconds, see everything you need, and carry them wherever you go.
- The compact design allows you to store more items in less space
- Includes three drawers per container
- See-through durable plastic allows you to look for items without having to open them
- Perfect for garages, work desks, vehicles, and more
What to Look For
Not all storage containers are created equal. Some of them are made to last for a few uses, while others should last a lifetime. If you’re trying to keep your garage organized, then there’s a high chance that you want something that’ll last for quite some time.
Let’s examine the five features to look for when you’re buying the best storage containers for your garage below.
- Make sure that you can see through the containers. There’s no reason to get an organizer if you can’t keep it organized. Every time you have to find an item, you’ll rummage through the contents and move everything around. Both of the suggestions have clear sides for easy viewing.
- Check if they can be stacked on top of one another. If you can load them over and over, you’ll be able to make use of vertical space rather than sitting them side-by-side. You’ll double the amount of space-saving efficiency, which is ultimately the main reason that you’re looking for storage containers in the first place.
- How long do they last? You need storage containers that will last at least a year. Some people choose to throw them out after moving from one place to another, while others want containers that will last for the remainder of their mortgage. Before you spend any money, look at the thickness and overall durability.
- How much storage space do you need? The Sterilite containers at the beginning of the article had 64-quarts, but you might require more or less. They also offer a 50-quart alternative, as well as a few smaller options. Remember that they all come with multiple containers to provide more storage capacity. If you need something smaller, try this more compact version. It’s perfect for sliding into nooks and crannies.
- Do you prefer sliding drawers or locking lids? Drawers are convenient, but they add another moving part that can break or malfunction eventually. On the other hand, locking lids are nice and secure, but they’re much bigger and take up more space. Neither choice is better than the other, so consider what you want the most and go for it.
As you can see, there are plenty of things to think about before you buy a storage container for your garage. It’s all about convenience in the end, so take your time and look through all of the options. Based on customer feedback and hands-on usage, the two containers mentioned in this article overshadow the rest of the competition.
Helpful Products Summary
Here is a summary of the items covered in this article for your convenience:
Storage containers are a simple product, but there are plenty of reasons to choose one over another. If the price is a concern, then you’ll love the options mentioned above. You should always make sure that you’re looking out for your own interests, including what you’ll be storing and what sort of organization you prefer.
Here’s a recap of the post:
- Longevity, durability, and capacity are crucial.
- Compare drawers vs. lids before buying any storage container.
- Make sure that you can see the contents without opening the bin.
For more, check out Can Duct Tape Be Used Instead of Electrical Tape?
Recommended Long-Term Emergency Supplier
Anne James has a wealth of expertise in a wide array of interests, including quilting, cooking, gardening, camping, and making jelly.
She has a professional canning business and has been featured in the local newspaper, and has been her family canner for decades. Anyone growing up in the South knows that there is always a person in the family who has knowledge of the “old ways,” and this is exactly what Anne is.
With over 55 years of experience in these endeavors, she brings a level of hands-on knowledge that is hard to surpass.
Lovingly known as “Jelly Grandma” by her grandkids, Anne hopes your visit here has been a sweet one.